Advanced Steps of Awareness
[Skipping detail of previously realized steps of awareness.]
10. (arbitrary number) After having recognized one’s essential self and having studied ones reactive self, unpeeling the layers of conditioning, and dropping concepts, beliefs, etc, from doing a regular meditation practice and studying various spiritual texts, and having conversations with other spiritual people. Then one comes to a place where one feels one knows all there is to know about it, and then one becomes a ‘teacher’ of what one has learned. it is often the case then that when one encounters another that one looks very near to see how the other is stuck, what concept might be impeding them, and then one responds back in a creative way to try to tell the other what they can’t see in themselves. This is the step of becoming a teacher, one gets value from being it, thus one is identified with it. by being like this, then what happens is one is insulated from being able to look at oneself anymore. It’s all about critiquing the other, seeing where others need help. The intention is good, to help others realize, yet the problem is the one doing it, stops growing because attention is now outward. Many people are happy with this realization level, because the rewards that come back with healing and teaching others gives it’s own kind of confirmation. To go beyond this step, one must realize one is doing this, and then turn back to oneself and go back to basics, with the intention to further deconstruct the deconstructor (of others. This step is the glass ceiling that today, keeps so many spiritual people from reaching further steps.
11. The next realization comes, as one becomes acutely aware of one’s internal dialog and judgments about all kinds of things. One starts to realize this voice is going on all the time, it rarely ever stops. Even after years of meditation, where one believed one was being quiet in mind, one starts to see that this wasn’t so, it was only what one told oneself. One’s awareness is increasing, so also one’s ability to see the dialog, the internal noise, becomes greater. Being aware of the non-cessant chatter, then one starts to get more serious in one’s ability to turn it off, in meditation and in daily life.
12. The next realization is that of the story-teller, of of what one is telling oneself is truth and one’s tendency to believe what one tells oneself is truthful reality. One’s own perspective, interpretation, or viewpoint is what one believes is truth. One starts to realize everyone is doing this, so the reality is that hardly anyone is really there and present. Everyone is in their own world, the world of the dreamer. when one sees one’s own dream, how one’s story telling affects oneself, and how one reacts to it as truth, then one is ready to drop it.
13. After realizing the story teller, then one realizes that everything one repeats to oneself – consciousness becoming visible as thought – what one can see, is only ‘one’s momentary take’ or one’s interpretation, all of which comes out of one’s past, as a reaction to happenings. One sees clearly in this step why one can never know anything, what one knows is in fact, already passé and not truth. It’s simply an individual reflection of the truth, one is coloring non-formed reality with one’s personal interpretation. This is fine, it’s best to know the reality, thus after this you are truly open to receive any kind of information from any individual or from life, which doesn’t give you confirmation for those truths you are holding. You become ready and open to drop everything, to just let things pass through you and let them go.
14. After this step above, then you start to wonder anew, what is truth, where is truth then, if it’s not here? As you ponder this, it will appear to you again what is truth as it did when you first awakened so many years ago. But this time will be different you will feel it strongly, as your essence arises up. At this time, then you will be done with seeking, you have found your answer, that which you were seeking and there is no point to study any more about it. It is time now to start realizing this truth physically in the world, beyond all concepts.
15. When you start to concentrate on truth and not concepts, then your meditation starts to become really effective. The amounts of time spend in no-mind increase dramatically. It is then that you become aware of the energetic aspects of your personality and how you use the environment to provoke to be able to energize your personality to be able to react. Before you might have understood this intellectually, as a concept, but were not able to see it first hand, as your energy and emotional body gets contorted into the shape of anger or fear, for instance. You start to see that you are pretending in a major way, with all your energy, you are pretending to be alive, because when your wallow in listening to your thoughts and believing in what you heard, then you generate strong emotions in the body, and the reason you do it, is because it gives you the feeling of being alive. I call this step seeing the tricks of the ghost.
16. After you have seen the pretending ghost, then you become even more focused on increasing your energy, to do more meditation, because even though you try to not energize your personality in the way you’ve seen, it is in fact very difficult to hold one’s energy and not react how one has been hard-wired to do it all one’s life. You discover that when you have higher awareness, it’s easier to do. then you also discover that higher awareness comes from doing more meditation. So at this point, you know what you want to ‘be’, and to do it, you need to give up more of ‘being the little you’. So you increase your meditation efforts from two hours per day to 6 or 10.
17. Sensitivity to energy increases. As you increase your meditation hours, you will be looking very closely at your meditation, because you can distinguish clear between being quiet and being in talking mode, you will start experimenting with various meditation tools, to see what actually works in your meditation to get the effect you want, which is simply total silence. During this period, your sensitivity in growing strongly and you will start to become very sensitive to other energies around you, because your own energy is growing. You will start to see auras, feel energy vortices, feel differences in energy in objects such as rocks and crystals. Your intuition will be increasing and your 3rd eye is opening.
18. As you continue in this way, when your energy is high enough (you have been successful to transform energy held in personality to that of free awareness then it will trigger by itself full kundalini activation, or the physical growing. There are latent DNA instructions in your body for the second growing, but it can’t be triggered until there is enough energy to do it. This will result in a full healing and remaking of your entire body, like a reverse aging, as this work transforms the final remnants of personality energy held in your physical bones and body, to that of spontaneous form or free being.
There are more steps after this, and I’m sure more for myself as well beyond where I’m at today. As a help for you realized ones, I let you know that you are most likely on the first step in this list.
October 14, 2008